- in memory of a deceased loved one
- because you happened to pass by a tattoo shop
- because it is your favorite quote
- because it’s from your favorite TV show
- to show dedication to your romantic partner
- because you liked the design
- because it has a deep meaning to you
- because you were young and stupid
- because you fucking wanted to.
Do some of these 30 day challenges to keep up your fitness!
Holiday Look #10: Soft Swallow-Tail Cut Crease (MAC Steamy)
There were requests for a cut-crease look, so I decided to do one, but keep the “cut” very soft-focus and dreamy instead of too hard and severe.
It IS a more complicated look to do and took more products than usual, so click the pictorial image above to expand it and read instructions clearly. Not a look for you if you don’t have the time and patience for drama!
The key things that were critical to the velvety black intensity at the lash and socket line were a super intense and creamy black liner and a lip brush that I dabbed into dark navy blue powder shadow and used to smooth and even out the liner.
Tools: I used 3 Loveybelle brushes in this look because of their specific shapes. Just look for similar shapes if you’re not able to get these!
- Flat PUPA eyeshadow brush: Flat shadow brush for packing on eyeshadow over lids (available in Jan 2014)
- PUPA blending eyeshadow brush: Pointed pencil-shaped buffing brush for applying color in tight areas
- Lip Liner brush: a thinner and firmer synthetic brush that works well with creams and provides a lot of precision even while it blends
- Concealer: MAC Studiofinish Concealer NW20
- Setting powder: Bourjois Poudre de Riz de Java
- Brows: Shu Uemura Hard Formula 9 Pencil in Grey
- Grey/beige highlight: MAC Vex (pale taupe-grey with pink shift)
- Teal shadow: MAC Steamy (the best teal metallic, hands down; I prefer the consistency of this to alternatives like Urban Decay Shattered)
- Satin/Matte dark navy shadow: “Roar” from Tarte’s Call of the Wild palette. (I used this because I have it. Don’t buy an entire palette just to get one shade! MAC Contrast is quite similar though more metallic.)
- Black liner: Maybelline Master Drama in Midnight Drama (you really need something very, very intense and creamy; choose only a pencil like this or a gel liner in a pot)
- Red Cherry lashes #16